Monday, November 23, 2009

Throughout my practicum experience in the grade three classroom
at the riverview elementary school, i was able to see the different
technologies that the classrooms had and what the school
had provided them to share between classes or in labs. The
school is new and is just starting out, and it had many computers!
They had two pretty big labs, and i room with a big projector and
screen that can be used for all. I noticed that in the classroom i
was in, there was not much technology. They only had the one
computer in there, and the students did not use this one.
Teacher use only. For my whole time i was there in the
classroom, i found that my teacher did not use very much technology.
They only provided her class with a projector that was shared,
but my teacher had never used it and didnt know how it worked.
Therefore that was never used. I did notice that the overhead
was used a few times, and the stereo in the back of the
classroom was used everyday for singing. They were
working on a christmas concert, so that is why she had
used that. I noticed the tv and dvd player was only used
during in door recesses. Other than that my teacher did not
use any technology. I thought even without technology,
she had fun exciting lessons. She taught a lot by using the
white board and talking. She had many other things that
were brought into the lesson to make it more fun for her
students. To me, i dont believe that any technology was needed
or could have been used in her lessons, the school did not
have a lot of technology that could have been implimented.
She did it well enough without, and truthfully, i dont know
where she could fit it in. My teacher did teach the students
how to type on the computers for the first three weeks of school,
they did typing games and programs. I didn't see her utilize
this skill with the students after they had finished up learning.
I think she definitely could have got them to type more of there writing
assignments, or even make a revised, good copy on the computers.
This is what i had done for my technology lesson in the elementary
classroom. I believe that if the school/ classroom had
smart boards, my teacher could have easily implemented
that into her lessons she was teaching. This is one thing i do
believe she could have done. While i was there, they did not have
social studies and science, so the science technology could not have
been used either. Overall, my teacher did not use much technology,
and i believe that it may have been possible when she teaches all
the subjects. From my time there, i think that the computers could
have been used more.

No comments:

Post a Comment